The content on this website, CoastalValleyDermatology.com, is for informational purposes only and not to be considered medical advice. The before and after images on this website represent outcomes of individual patients. The results from procedures may vary as skin type and conditions are different for everyone.
"I have a fiduciary responsibility to always act in the best interest of my patients. Sometimes, I have to refuse to treat or not provide a requested drug or procedure when not medical or ethically warranted. In other words, I have to disappoint some patients to do the right medical and legal thing."
This disclaimer relates to information presented on this website and any other social media channels such as, but not restricted to Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, Instagram, Google Plus, etc.
- I am not (or may not be) your doctor unless you have been referred to me and seen by me as a patient. Please see your personal doctor for any medical advice.
- Contact with me in any form is under the explicit understanding that no doctor-patient relationship exists and none will be formed as a result of such contact.
- A blog post or social media status update is not a replacement for a doctor visit in person. If you have a medical emergency, please call emergency services system in your location.
- My blog posts and social media status updates are not medical, legal, ethical, moral, political, or any other form of advice, suggestion, or recommendation.
- My opinions are fluid and I reserve the right to change my position as my knowledge and experiences dictate.
- I reserve the right to alter or delete any of my blog posts for any reason.
- I reserve the right to delete any comments posted on my various social media profiles or blog for any reason. The most common reasons include but are not limited to: old replies, non-medical related replies, incorrect or unverified articles/links, etc.
- I reserve the right to ignore any contact attempted through any means (Blog, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Email, IM, etc). Most common reasons include but are not limited to: unwanted marketing, SPAM, hostile/aggressive/annoying behavior, unfamiliarity or lack of personal/professional relationship, etc.
- Following, contacting, or “friending” people on any social media sites, blogs, etc. is not an endorsement by me of the message, opinions, beliefs, or mission of that person, group, or business.
Please read the following.
By agreeing access and browsing this site, you voluntarily agree to the following conditions and policies. Using the site has the same effect as if you have signed a physical agreement. If you do not agree, then immediately exit this site and do not use/browse.
By accessing and browsing this site, “you” agree to the following purpose, terms, and policies. Under no circumstances will the author, Dr. Roya Javid or Coastal Valley Dermatology Associates be liable to you for any direct or indirect damages arising in connection with use of this site. Posts/links are not a substitute for personalized medical advice from your provider. Opting to participate with this site by following/"liking”/”friending”/subscribing will result in your user identity being able to be viewed by other participating site members. Therefore, you agree your participation will NOT be confidential.
The purpose of this website/blog/account/social media site is for medical education only. It is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice. Information posted should not be construed as personal medical advice. Posts are not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure disease. The goal is to inform the audience with interesting medical and community information for strictly educational/entertainment purposes only. In addition, this site is meant to support the relationship that may exist between the visitor and his/her physician. Postings are not meant to be the only source of medical decision-making for your family. By accessing this site, you acknowledge that there is no physician-patient relationship extended between you and me.
All posts are the opinion of this author and not of her employer/partners. All posts are based on scientific facts and subject to certain assumptions and should not be relied upon for any other purpose. Similar to printed materials, the information posted may become out-of-date. There is no obligation to update posts, although I may update at any time without notice. I cannot be held responsible for any omissions in the posts.
All information is modified to protect patient confidentiality and case examples do not follow real cases.
I reserve the right to disregard any direct messages, emails, or personal requests. If you need personal assistance, direct contact with your medical office is needed.
This site is accessed by the public. Consider your comments carefully. Do not include any information that you deem as personal or private. You are responsible for the content you post.
External hyperlinks to external websites does not constitute endorsement. I do not verify, endorse, or take responsibility for the accuracy, currency, completeness, or quality of the content contained in these sites. Every post is linked to its source of information, dated and referenced. Use at your own risk.
Social Media Policy for Coastal Valley Dermatology Associates/Dr. Roya Javid
BY POSTING/LIKING/FOLLOWING/OPTING-IN COASTAL VALLEY DERMATOLOGY ASSOCIATES/ROYA JAVID, MD SOCIAL MEDIA SITES, YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS:
If you do not agree to the terms of this Policy, you may not view or post any content related to Coastal Valley Dermatology Associates/Dr. Roya Javid to any Social Media Site on the internet. Your use of Social Media Sites is acceptance of this Policy and has the same effect as if you had actually physically signed an agreement.
1. You must be at least 18 years old to post any content on any Social Media Site.
2. By leaving comments, posting images, reviews, discussions, videos, stories, or other personal information on Coastal Valley Dermatology Associates/Dr. Roya Javid's Social Media Sites, you are agreeing to have your image and/or identity published online. You acknowledge that this information is of public domain and may be viewed by anyone. Should you have concerns regarding your privacy, it is advised that you not post any personal information to the Social Media Sites of Coastal Valley Dermatology Associates/Dr. Roya Javid.
3. As a guest posting content to any Social Media Site on the internet, you agree that you will not: violate any local, state, federal and international laws and regulations, including but not limited to copyright and intellectual property rights laws regarding any content that you send or receive via this Policy; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that is unlawful, disruptive, threatening, profane, abusive, harassing, embarrassing, tortuous, defamatory, obscene, libelous, or is an invasion of another’s privacy, is hateful or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable as solely determined in Coastal Valley Dermatology Associates/Dr. Roya Javid’s discretion; impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party; transmit (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes” or any other form of solicitation; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that contains software viruses, worms, disabling code, or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; harass another; or collect or store, or attempt to collect or store, personal data about third parties without their knowledge or consent; or to share confidential pricing information of any party.
4. Coastal Valley Dermatology Associates/Dr. Roya Javid reserves the right to monitor, prohibit, restrict, block, suspend, terminate, delete, or discontinue your access to any Social Media Site, at any time, without notice and for any reason and in its sole discretion. Coastal Valley Dermatology Associates/Dr. Roya Javid may remove, delete, block, filter or restrict by any other means any materials at his sole discretion. You understand and agree that Coastal Valley Dermatology Associates/Dr. Roya Javid may disclose your communications and activities on social media sites of Coastal Valley Dermatology Associates/Dr. Roya Javid in response to lawful requests by governmental authorities, judicial orders, warrants or subpoenas, or for the protection of Coastal Valley Dermatology Associates/Dr. Roya Javid’s rights. You agree that in the event that Coastal Valley Dermatology Associates/Dr. Roya Javid exercise any of its rights hereunder for any reason, Coastal Valley Dermatology Associates/Dr. Roya Javid will have no liability to you.
5. By posting any content on any Social Media Site, you grant to Coastal Valley Dermatology Associates/Dr. Roya Javid the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, and display such content and the right to create derivative works from your content, edit or modify such content and use such content for any Coastal Valley Dermatology Associates/Dr. Roya Javid’s purpose.
6. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY RELATED TO THE SECURITY, PRIVACY, AND CONFIDENTIALITY RISKS INHERENT IN SENDING ANY CONTENT OVER THE INTERNET. By its very nature, a website AND THE INTERNET cannot be absolutely protected against intentional or malicious intrusion attempts. Coastal Valley Dermatology Associates/Dr. Roya Javid does not control the THIRD PARTY SITES AND THE INTERNETt over which you may choose to send confidential personal or health information OR OTHER CONTENT and, therefore, Coastal Valley Dermatology Associates/Dr. Roya Javid DOES NOT WARRANT ANY SAFEGUARD AGAINST ANY such interceptions or compromises to your information. When posting any content on an internet site, you should think carefully about your own privacy in disclosing detailed or private information about yourself and your family. FURTHERMORE, Coastal Valley Dermatology Associates/Dr. Roya Javid DOES NOT ENDORSE ANY PRODUCT, SERVICE, VIEWS OR CONTENT DISPLAYED ON THE SOCIAL MEDIA SITE.
7. THIS POLICY MAY BE UPDATED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE, AND EACH TIME A USER ACCESSES A SOCIAL NETWORKING SITE, THE NEW POLICY WILL GOVERN, USAGE, EFFECTIVE UPON POSTING. To remain in compliance,Coastal Valley Dermatology Associates/Dr. Roya Javid suggest that you review the Policy, as well as the other website policies, at regular intervals. By continuing to post any content after such new terms are posted, you accept and agree to any and all such modifications to this Policy.
Thank you Dr. Howard Luks for allowing Coastal Valley Dermatology Associates/Dr. Roya Javid to edit and re-use content in this disclaimer.
Receive Dr. Javid's "Top 10 Secrets for Healthy, Glowing Skin" when you sign up for our newsletter and practice updates.